Sustainability as added value for our customers
Our sustainability commitment is established in the core business and is being systematically developed further. Our customers thus gain the certainty that their products are always up-to-date ecologically. In addition to the pure product performance, we as a supplier and service provider thus also improve the sustainability performance of our customers, e.g. through improvement of the ecological footprint of their products, and thus pave the way for the long-term entrepreneurial success of our business partners.
Our Sustainabiliy Commitment is available to download in the download section.
Find more about our sustainability approaches on the Mibelle Group website.
In 2008, Mibelle Biochemistry has developed a novel plant cell culture technology (PhytoCellTec™) that enables the large-scale cultivation of callus (stem) cells from rare and protected plant species, such as Malus Domestica. Sustainability facts on the PhytoCellTec™ technology:
- Protection of the biodiversity and preservation of rare and protected plants: An extremely small amount of plant material (e.g. a fruit or a leaf) is needed to establish a plant stem cell line.
- No competition for space: Agricultural land remains available for the cultivation of food as no valuable cultivated land is required for the production of bio mass.
- Significantly reduced water consumption compared to the conventional cultivation of plants.
- 100% naturally pure: No use of fertilizers, pesticides or other chemicals.
- Completely free of genetic engineering / GMO
The PhytoCellTec™ technology, which was recognized at the Rio20+ Sustainability Conference 2012 in Brazil as an Eco breakthrough, delivers a highly sustainable sourcing of this active. For further information: PhytoCellTec™.
Mibelle has an ISO 14001:2015 certified environmental management system.
Our Sustainability Commitment