CALMandrin™ is our sustainable solution for combatting inflammaging by notably improving the signs of aging, as well as soothing reddened and inflamed skin. In addition to its calming effect on irritated skin, it also markedly increases the firmness and density of the skin.
CALMandrin™ is sustainably obtained by upcycling the peel paste from unique organic Chios mandarins. It is COSMOS approved and NATRUE approved.
Mandarins are nowadays cultivated in all continents. Conversely, the variety “Chios mandarin” grows exclusively under very specific conditions that are optimally found on the island of Chios where mandarins were introduced in the 13th century following the Genoese colonization. The island of Chios, which is also known for the mastic tree, has calcium-rich soil that is based on limestone. The stable temperatures and the Meltemi winds give a mild microclimate that protects the fruits from frost during the winter months.
- Reduction of inflammatory gene expression in keratinocytes
- Reduction of inflammation reaction induced by inflammatory keratinocyte secretion
- Reduction of protein carbonylation induced by inflammation in keratinocytes
- Increase in procollagen I secretion in keratinocytes
- Production of newly formed collagen in skin explants
- Reduction of skin redness
- Improvement of skin elasticity
- Improvement of skin firmness
- Improvement of skin density
Upcycled chios mandarins to combat inflammaging_incosmetics asia catalogue 2022
Upcycled chios mandarins to combat inflammaging_in-cosmetics preview 2023